Simpson for Engineered Lumber
SIMPSON SUR26Z 2" X 6" 45 DEG SKEWED RIGHT FACE MOUNT JOIST HANGER Z MAX
The SUR/L are 45°-skewed hangers designed to support solid sawn and engineered wood products used in wood construction. These U-shaped hangers encapsulate the top flange of the joist, so no web stiffeners are required for standard installation. The SUR and SUL hangers are identical except that they are skewed 45° to the right (SUR) and the left (SUL), respectively.
- Product Code: SUR26Z
- Manufacturer Code: SUR26Z
- UPC: 707392172703
- Weight: 1
- Nominal joist size: 2x6 or 2x8
- Assembled Width: 5.01352 in.
- Assembled Height: 5.02775 in.
- Assembled Depth: 2.48422 in.
- Install With: Install with 16d common nails in the header and 10d x 1-1/2 in. nails in the joist
- Packaging Quantity: 1
- Packaging Type: Individual Item
- Coating: ZMAX®
- Color: None
- Gauge: 16
- Member Size: 2x6 or 2x8
- SUR = skewed right
- Features obround nail holes on the acute side, allowing nails to be easily installed parallel to the joist
- These hangers cannot be modified but will accommodate a 40° to 50° skewed joist
- Available with the acute flange turned in to accommodate end-of-wall installation for solid sawn sizes only (SURC or SULC)
- Made from 16-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications