SIMPSON H8 HURRICANE AND SEISMIC RAFTER TIE
Shopping the Augusta branch
Simpson Strong-Tie hurricane ties are designed to resist high winds and seismic forces by positively connecting trusses/rafters to the top of wall of the structure. These ties connect both solid-sawn and engineered lumber across a wide range of applications. Some hurricane tie models are available with additional corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications.
- Product Code: H8
- Manufacturer Code: H8
- Weight: 1
- Assembled Width: 1.421 in.
- Assembled Height: 8 in.
- Assembled Depth: 1.421 in.
- Install With: Install with 10d x 1-1/2 in. nails or #9 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive® SD screws
- Packaging Quantity: 1
- Packaging Type: Individual Item
- Coating: Zinc Galvanized, G90
- Color: None
- Gauge: 18
- Great for connecting 2x deck joists on top of a perpendicular beam
- Install in pairs on either side of the rafter/truss/joist to provide resistance to uplift and lateral forces
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- Galvanized (G90) for extra corrosion resistance