SIMPSON DTT1Z DECK TENSION TIE
DTT tension ties are safe, cost-effective connectors designed to meet or exceed code requirements for deck construction. These versatile DTT connectors are also load rated as a holdown for light-duty shearwalls and braced wall panel applications. The DTT1Z deck tension tie provides a less invasive approach for attaching a new deck to a home or retrofitting an existing deck to current code standards.
- Product Code: DTT1Z
- Manufacturer Code: DTT1Z
- UPC: 707392398592
- Weight: 1
- Assembled Width: 1.50 in.
- Assembled Height: 7.125 in.
- Assembled Depth: 1.46875 in.
- Install With: Fastens to the narrow or wide face of a single 2x with Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SD Connector screws or nails and accepts a 3/8 in. machine bolt, anchor bolt, or lag screw (washer required) or can be installed with the new Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex HDG screw with an integral washer
- Packaging Quantity: 1
- Packaging Type: Individual Item
- Coating: ZMAX®
- Color: None
- Gauge: 14
- Member Size: Single or double 2x
- Eliminates the need to access the floor joists inside the house
- Ties the guardrail post into deck framing
- Stronger and safer than nails, lag screws or bolts
- Ties the deck into the house for a stronger, safer ledger connection
- Helps prevent a common type of deck failure
- Made from 14-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications