SIMPSON BCS2-3/6Z POST BASE CAP BASE Z MAX
Shopping the Augusta branch
Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The BCS allows for the connection of 2-2xs to a 4x post or 3-2xs to a 6x post. Double-shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength.
- Product Code: BCS236Z
- Manufacturer Code: BCS2-3/6Z
- Weight: 1
- Nominal size: Double 3x beam, 6x post
- Assembled Width: 5.6585 in.
- Assembled Height: 6.3605 in.
- Assembled Depth: 5.02647 in.
- Install With: Install with 16d common nails
- Packaging Quantity: 1
- Packaging Type: Individual Item
- Coating: ZMAX®
- Color: None
- Gauge: 18
- Member Size: Double 3x beam, 6x post
- Provides a positive connection for a post to a wood deck
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening
- Reduces the chance of the post splitting and eliminates nailing into end grain
- Not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications