SIMPSON BC4Z-R 4X BASE CAP COMBINATION CONNECT BEAM TO POST Z MAX
Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The BC series offers dual purpose post cap/base for light cap or base applications.
- Product Code: BC4ZR
- Manufacturer Code: BC4Z-R
- UPC: 707392634775
- Weight: 1
- Nominal post size: 4x
- Assembled Width: 3.6585 in.
- Assembled Height: 5.923 in.
- Assembled Depth: 3.6585 in.
- Install With: Install with 16d common nails or #10 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive® SD screws
- Packaging Quantity: 1
- Packaging Type: Individual Item
- Coating: ZMAX®
- Color: None
- Gauge: 18
- Member Size: 4x
- Provides a positive connection for a post to a wood deck
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening
- Reduces the chance of the post splitting and eliminates nailing into end grain
- Not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications